Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College (VRSEC) is the first Private Engineering College in the united state of Andhra Pradesh (AP) and was established in the year 1977. VRSEC is offering 7 UG Engineering Courses (B.Tech) and 9 PG Engineering Courses (M.Tech) in various specializations. In addition, the institute is offering PG courses in Management (MBA) and Computer Applications (MCA). All UG and 5 PG engineering programmesare accredited by NBA in Outcome Based Education Format (OBE). Annually, the total student intake of the institute is 1140 and total student strength of the college is 5700. UGC has conferred the Autonomous status to the Institute in 2006. VRSEC was accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and certified with ISO 9001:2015.
1) 350 + Total Faculty with 98 Ph.D.’s, 100 pursuing Ph.D.’s, 125 Ph.D. Scholars have been guided by 34 faculty members of the Institute
2) CE, CSE, ECE, EEE and ME departments are recognized as Research Centres for offering Ph.D. programs by JNTUK, Kakinada
3) Funded with Rs. 6 Crores by World Bank and MHRD under TEQIP-II S.C.1.2 (Scaling up of PG Education and Demand Driven R,D & I)
4) Sponsored research projects by the UGC, AICTE, DST, DRDO, ISRO amount to
Rs. 4.67 Crores during the last five years
5) 800 research articles are published in National and International journals and no. of citations are more than 1500 (Scopus & Google Scholar) during last four years
6) Very strong base in offering Consultancy and Testing services, revenue earned during the last five years : Rs. 10.0 crores
7) 21 Patents were filed by the faculty and students
8) Funded with Rs. 1.56 Crores by DST, Government of India under TIFAC-CORE in the area of “Telematics”.
9) 60 MOU’s with Industry Partners and Internship in 130 Companies
10) Established Centre of Excellence in Composite Materials in the Department of Mechanical Engineering Supported by DST under FIST with Rs. 40 Lakhs
11) Established 15 Advanced Labs in Siemens Center of Excellence (In collaboration with APSSDC and SIEMENS)
12) Established Collaborative Labs with IBM, Oracle, Cisco, ADRIN-ISRO,National Instruments, University of West Alabama
13) Recognized as ‘Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO)’ by DSIR, MST Government of India.
14) Adjudged as one of the Best Engineering Colleges in the Country by National Survey agencies such as Out Look, Data Quest, Competitive Success Review, Careers 360 and Higher Education Review etc.